Transform Your Basement With A New Basement Design
Nowadays many people are looking for different basement designs because many have come to realize the importance of a basement. If you are one of those people who would want an additional area in your house but is in a tight budget then trying out basement remodeling ideas would be a better alternative than building a new area.
Here are some suggestions that could help you do something creative with the basement space you have.
1. Converting your basement into a game room and party room would be a great idea thus basements usually have wide-open space. It is also beneficial if you have teenagers because it would be a perfect place for them to hang out with their friends rather than somewhere else’s. It would be a sensible way to monitor on what they are doing. Here are some few things to consider when designing a room that will be used for entertaining people.
-You could bring in your home theater system. Just make sure that the screen is big enough for everybody to see, and that the sound system is of good enough quality to allow everyone in the room to hear what is going on.
– Another thing to consider are the number of people who will be coming in the area, thus placing lots of comfortable furniture to sit into would be appropriate.
– The types of games you place would basically depend on your interests. These games would include pool or even a video game system. But be sure to place it in a quarter where it is away from the viewing area as possible thus it might be competing with the game area.
2. If you are a fitness buff, you may want to convert your basement into a workout area. Here are some things you can take into consideration if you plan to go with this idea.
-First of all, make sure that there is adequate ventilation in the area. Bad ventilation can cause a number of problems, such as mildew, molds, and health problems. When you are exercising, you need air, and deprivation may compromise your body’s well-being.
-If your basement flooring is made of concrete, lay out some padding or carpet over it. This will prevent injury to your feet while you work out. You can also place mirrors in the area so make the place look wider and so that you can watch yourself go through the exercises in the proper form.
3. Having a separate room for one of your children will teach them some independence, which is essential in their growing process. Here are some ideas for your boy’s or girl’s room.
– It would be appropriate to color the room with bright colors thus it is for your children. But make sure that if your child’s a boy it should have a masculine theme like blue or green hues or if a girl the motive should be different.
– Choose a generic theme, one that appeals to your children. Like a sports theme thus it still carries on through his or her teenage years.
Applying these ideas to your basement design can transform it from an extra appendage of your house into a room that your whole family can enjoy.