How Much Does It Cost To Remodel A Bathroom
How much does it cost to remodel a bathroom?
I am asked this question at least ten times a day, answer, what do you want? most people do not know what they want so I can not give them an answer.
Do you have a budget plan?
Are you looking for a permanent solution? or a quick fix?
When it comes to remodeling a bathroom most homeowners think that there is a million things you can do, there are only a 5 ways you can remodel a bathroom.
The first question you must answer is how long do you want it to last? you get what you pay for.
***The Most expensive Bathroom is the one you have to do over and over again***
The first four solutions are a quick fix.
1. The first option is to re-glazing, painting over, usually done for tubs, i’ve seen it on tiles as well on tiles and fiberglass, tub cost $400-$600
Most compmanies will give a 3- 5year waranty, if you leave anything that’s is wet, it will crack,chip and peel sooner, it can last from 3 months to 5 years.
2. Wall system only, vinyl walls fro the home center, cost $200-$800, Diy with liquid nail, lasts 3-5 years, it cracks, pull away from the wall. Hiring a contractor will cost $800-$1,200.00
3. Fiberglass costs to purchase from $1,200- $2,000, 1 pc tub and wall, cannot installed in most homes due to existing framing. You must first remove existing tiles and to install a fiberglass unit you must remove everything including sheet rock, this type of unit installs into the wall studs.Total cost with a contractor approximately $4,500.00, this will last approximately 5-7 years.
4. Bathroom Remodel in Tile.
Update an existing 5-by-7-foot bathroom. Replace all fixtures to include 30-by-60-inch porcelain-on-steel tub with 4×4-inch ceramic tile surround; new single-lever temperature and pressure-balanced shower control; standard white toilet; solid-surface
vanity counter with integral sink; recessed medicine cabinet with light; ceramic tile floor; vinyl wallpaper.According to Remodel Magazine Mid-Range in 2007 cost is $16,83.00, will generally last 7-10 years
Ask your tile contractor how long is the warranty? if he is good it’s about 1 year, that’s it.
Permanent Solution- do it one time.
5. Luxury Bath acrylic tub, walls system comes with a lifetime warranty, you will never do it again, less than the total remodeling Price will depends how much work we need to do before we can put up the system, colors and styles you choose from. On a average an acrylic tub& wall system can cost 1/3-1/2 for the total remodeling from the tile method.The estimate is free of charge, we will measure, you pick and choose than we will give you a quote. Any questions feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org